12 Ekim 2014 Pazar

Ted-ED Reflection on the ASSURE Model of Learning

Think back to a teacher from high school that you thought had been effective in helping students learn and achieve the objectives of your course. What steps in the ASSURE model did that teacher follow? What was missing?
When I reflect on my favourite high school tacher by thinking Assure Model, I would say that she is definetely followed the very first step which is analyzing the learners. In my opinion, a teacher should keep in mind the general profile of students that s/he is teaching. I think she can understand us(mostly our needs) well. She followed the second step which is stating objectives. I felt more oriented in her lessons because I knew I would gain something at the end of each lesson. She was good at the third step but she wasn't very efficient in the fourth step. In other words, she was good at selecting media but she didn't use the media tools very effectively.

2 yorum:

  1. Although she wasn't good at using media tools very effectively, in my opinion she was indeed a good teacher because she followed all the other steps. I think there might be a reason why she didn't follow the forth step. For example the school administration may have not wanted her to use media tools. Can you think of any other reasons?

    YanıtlaSil
  2. Hi Soner! Maybe another reason may be the fact that she is not very acccustomed to use technology in her class.

    YanıtlaSil