12 Ekim 2014 Pazar

Reflection on Chapter 2

When I reflect on my high school years, I would say that some traces behaviorist approach may be seen. For example, in our computer lessons, the students who finished their task earlier were prized by playing computer for the rest of the remaining time. Our task are easy and it was computer assisted as behaviorist suggested. Another example was from our reading and writing example from high school. We watched movies without subtitles and answer the questions in the handout that our teacher distributed. If we were on our best behavior and watched the movie silently, our teacher took the break 10 minutes earlier. Again the task was easy and it was technology assisted in a way. Actually it was quite effective and we were more patient. I remember myself saying " If I complete the task, I will have more free time, so I should start working." As you can see, I was more motivated. A teacher can utilize behaviorist approach easily and it can help teacher to develop classroom management with ease even in a computer lab. environment.
Another learning theory that can be observed in my high school years is social psychology perspective. In literature class, we formed groups and tried to interpret the poems bu ourselves. We were allowed to use dictionaries and internet for getting information about the literary terminology. At the end of each class, all groups represented their poems with the help of their collaborative question and answer session. In that sense, collaborative work were encouraged and we felt more secure. I believe it was very effective in terms of diminishing student' fear of making errors and increasing the collaborative work among students. My suggestion to other teachers as a prospective teacher would be the belief that 4 learning theories can be integrated with technology with right activities and lesson plans. In my opinion, all they have to do is to stay up to date with instructional technologies and be creative.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder